2017. What a year!
I can truly say that 2017 was one of the best years of my life. I accomplished so much, and reached so many milestones:
- I graduated college (Summa Cum Laude baby!)
- I turned 22 (*cue Taylor Swift*)
- I survived the dreaded GRE
- I got accepted into my TOP choice PT program ()
- Jon (my boyfriend) and I celebrated our 2-year anniversary
- I was offered a sales lead (manager) position at my job (for my gap year)
- I created this blog + my Instagram account and have connected with SO much great and inspiring individuals
Now like most people, I usually make new year’s resolutions but never stick to them. I want 2018 to be different. I am going to share my resolutions with y’all, so that they are out in the open, and I can be held accountable:
- Be consistent on my blog + Instagram: as I’ve mentioned so many times (lol), I want to help y’all out as much as I can. I have really enjoyed blogging, and I want to keep it up in the new year. I know it’ll be difficult once PT school starts, but I am going to try my best to be as active as possible. I am hoping that blogging will be a good way to for me to “de-stress” from school when needed.
- Be more present and live in the moment: I spend so much time looking forward to the “next big thing” (as I mentioned in a previous Instagram post), that I forget to enjoy the now. I always feel like my life won’t be “good” until this thing happens, or I can’t be happy until that thing happens. That’s not the way to live at all, and it is really a waste of time. You can’t predict the future, and I can’t keep postponing my life/happiness. I want to start living EVERY day to the fullest, and I want to spend as much time as I can with my family, friends, and boyfriend during this time before school starts.
- Practice patience (with others and myself): as a future PT, I am going to have to have A LOT of patience. I want to work on not being easily frustrated, and not expecting perfection in every aspect of my life.
- Start practicing yoga + exercise more: yea yea, exercising is always such a cliché resolution, but ya girl is SO out of shape. It’s honestly embarrassing, because for most of my life I have been pretty fit. I spent my whole childhood doing competitive cheerleading, and once I got to college, I still managed to stay in shape (shoutout to those activity electives I had to take as a kinesiology major!). Now that I’m not as active anymore, my muscles have weakened, and my back ALWAYS hurts. I feel like an 80-year-old in a 22-year-old body ( ). I’m going to be a physical therapist, so I think I need to practice what I preach. In 2018, I want to exercise at least 3-4 times a week. I also really struggle with anxiety, so exercising (especially yoga) will help me clear my head often, and keep my anxiety under control.
- Eat better: another cliché, but my diet is TRASH. I eat way too much fast food, and I honestly can’t remember the last time I ate a vegetable (the lettuce and tomato on the WHOPPER® I ate Friday night doesn’t count). The fact that I work in the mall (with a Chick-fil-A in the food court) doesn’t help either. I want to start meal prepping, so that I don’t have an excuse to constantly eat fast food. So, if you have any good meal suggestions, please help me out (my arteries are begging you).
I want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for deciding to come along with me on this journey. It means the world to me that you are here, and I am so excited to see where blogging + this community will take me in the future! As always, don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything! I hope you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve, and an even better 2018.
See ya next year (;